According to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service website, “Pollinators, such as most bees and some birds, bats, and other insects, play a crucial role in flowering plant reproduction and in the production of most fruits and vegetables.”
When kids form an early understanding of the importance of pollinators, it sets them up to lead pollinator-friendly lives. If Kidzu plants the seed of interest with our multitude of exciting Pollinator Week activities, we need your help to continue educating them! Read More
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
- Benjamin Franklin
This little visitor proves that it's never too early to start learning STEAM'D UP material! She worked well with our two Makery fellows as they figured out how to connect all the circuit boats together to make the Makery glow!
These two visitors connected all of the circuits together to make an electric masterpiece! When art and engineering collide, anything is possible. In this project, these girls not only successfully connected all of the circuits to create a chain of lightbulbs and ringing bells, but they also added motors to paper creations and added them too! Very proud of their hard work, and can't wait to see what else people can create with the circuit boards! Come to Kidzu today and find out! Read More
"Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating" - Steven Roberts
Lucky for you, at Kidzu we have both! Come explore both art and engineering at any of our weekly programs. These pictures are from our STEAM'D UP program! In STEAM'D UP we use science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics, and design to learn new and exciting things. Here's some photos from the NISE Kit activities!
If you have younger children and want to include them on the STEAM'D UP fun, but you're worried about their young age... we have got you covered! We are also teaching STEAM'D UP to 3 year olds and combining early literacy with Science! Read More
Follow Kidzu on social media today! We have exciting updates and behind the scenes views on all our programs. You won't miss a single beat of the Kidzu fun!
Facebook: Kidzu Children's Museum Read More
Spend this new year exploring everything Kidzu has to offer! There's a whole alphabet of fun!
- Ask a Makery fellow about all the unique projects you could do.
- Break down old cardboard boxes and create your own masterpiece in the Makery.
- Climb up Kidzu’s rock wall and ring the bell.
- Dine with friends at the Millhouse Kitchen.
- Explore the Tree House.
- Find the hidden hedgehogs in the Discovery Den.
- Greet your new friends with a funny joke!
- Help a younger visitor read a book in the Book Nook.
- Ignite a fire in the Campfire Tent.
- Join Christy in the Forest Theater for Story time.
- Karate chop your way into Mix It Up with local artists and scientists.
- Learn to paint like the greats at Makery Masterpieces.
- Make a mess at Messy Morning in the Makery!
- Notice the small frogs hidden throughout the museum. See if you can find them all.
- Open your ears and learn to play classic tunes at Music Makers!
- Pay what you can on Pay What You Can Sundays!
- Quietly read every book in the Book Nook.
- Raise up your arms and ask all your questions in the Makery.
- Stir up your creativity at Kids in the Kitchen or Market to Market.
- Try your hand at Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics, and Design with STEAM’D UP programs.
- Use the Community Courtyard to share a lunch or snack with friends and family.
- Vote in Kidzu’s voting booth. Every voice matters!
- Wake up early and come to Members Morning!
- Xylophone and guitars galore when Fam Jam hits the floor!
- Yell from the top of the treehouse how much you love Kidzu!
- Zoom around the outdoor learning garden, just like a bee!
Thank you for following! We love all the support that we get from our community, and we could not do it without you. If you have fun Kidzu memories, please let us know. Here are some of our favorite Kidzu memories. Read More
If you didn't get a chance to come to the opening of Kidzu's outdoor learning exhibit then you should definitely take a second to look through these photos. We had a lot of fun at the opening as we enjoyed a popsicle party sponsored by Luna Pops, the planting of an herb garden sponsored by Alfredo's, and the ribbon cutting! Next time you come into Kidzu, don't forget to enjoy a nice trip around the outdoor learning exhibit to explore all of the amazing new plants and features the garden has to offer. Read More